Need Help Improving Your Credit Score???
While there’s no quick fix for bad credit, taking the following steps to improve your credit profile can raise your score over time:
1. Collections and/or Judgements- Pay them off, not matter how small
2. Past-Due & Over-the-Limit- Bring accounts up-to-date.
3. Pay all bills on time- Stay focused
4. Try to reduce your credit card debt to 25% or less of your credit line on each card. Reduce your credit card debt to 25% or lower of your credit line Example: $5,000 balance on a credit card, have not more than $1,250 on that card.
5. Do NOT open more credit- auto, credit card, appliances. Very tempting but your are trying to get into a home- Keep your eye on the prize; your new home
6. Do NOT close credit card accounts- This actually hurts you, just pay them off and leave them open. This shows you handle your credit responsibly
7. Make a list of all debt. Payoff any credit with the highest interest rates and/or the one w/ the smallest balance. Once you have one paid off, move on to the next one.
This is a very rewarding process. Sounds like a lot to do but you can do it. Little by little, step by step- you will look back and say “I DID IT!!!!